06 April 2005

A day of days.

Today was an interesting day. I woke up at around two in the afternoon and felt like going on another bike ride in the woods by my house. I live near this place called Governor's Park which is a large wooded area in the middle of the east side of Tallahassee. I found a trail there on Sunday and I wanted to follow it farther than I did on that day. The trail follows some train tracks and I was checking them out when I found a crew working to pick up old rails with a cool crane thingy mounted to a truck that was riding on the tracks. After that passed by I noticed that smoke was rising from one of the wooden ties and I figured it must of been from the truck dripping hot oil onto the wood which caused it to begin smoldering. I put out the "fire" with water I had with me and headed down the trail a bit until I came upon a huge grass field.

This field turned out to be on the edge of a wealthy neighborhood hidden among the bordering trees. As I rode up the huge hill this field was on I noticed two figures lying on the ground off in the distance. When I got closer I noticed they belonged to two young ladies sunbathing TOPLESS on a towel. I kept my distance as to keep from being a perv but it was pretty cool anyway! I then went back to the trail and made my way along it for a couple of miles until I found a maze of bike trails that were all labeled and rated for difficulty.

After I explored them for a while I found myself at this huge city park that I was not previously aware of. This park had picnic tables, disk golf courses, baseball fields, tennis and racquetball courts, a lake, and a bmx bike course with jumps and everything. It was all pretty cool. I was so tired after that ride that it took me a while to trudge back home.

Kind of a crazy time, huh? It was a nice change of pace though. School can get so monotonous, ya know?

3 Responses:

Blogger Groove Salad said...

Yeah, when I was in Tejas, I found a kick ass set of trails near the apartment. Not a park as big as the one you described, but cool nonetheless. And, stupid me didn't save enough energy to carry a bike up three flights of stairs in June. Genious, but I made it with great willpower.

4/06/2005 9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi buddy. here i am posting already!!(: this thing is pretty cool, i like it.Infact, I might also get one. Anyway.Hope you had a good day.Mine was very tiresome.Mrs. Clarke didn't show up for my lesson and I was happy 'cause i haven't practiced...cool,huh?and i actually enjoyed playing shostakovitch 5 tonight at the dress inspite of the out of tune players around me.I had a kick and liked it-doesn't happen too often...so- i am hapily satisfied dragging myself to bed.If only music had some superpowers to satisfy you phisically too....(: just kidding (: bye

4/08/2005 5:28 AM

 
Blogger Groove Salad said...

UPDATE you Lazy McLaze-Laze!

4/14/2005 9:10 AM

 

Post a Response

<< Home