16 May 2005

Rockin' the Taurus!

Alrighty then, what has been going on with the DooDoo lately? I guess the most major news is that my poor Mustang has been in the shop since Thursday. As some of you already know, I have been experiencing car troubles and finally there has been time for me to take her in. Basically, the Stang is fucked. The mechanic is looking around for a rebuilt transmission AND rebuilt engine to replace my broken ones. I guess the problems were more serious than I originally thought!! Hopefully giving my car a transplant will keep her happy for another couple of years. Damn, it is going to be expensive.

Right now I am driving a rental car: a Taurus. That's right. I'm rocking the Taurus! What a crappy-ass car it is! Nobody needs to buy a Taurus. Before I rented the car, though, I had to rough it on my bike. Normally I enjoy riding my bike, you know, for recreation or exercise. But having to ride your bike several miles to work really sucks, especially in Tallahassee in MAY. There are so many hills in this town and it always feels like you are riding uphill. Plus, you are soaked with sweat before you have even ridden a mile, even at eight in the morning. On top of that I realized, after riding to and from my job, that my rear brakes were out of alignment and were rubbing against my tire, resulting in unnecessary resistance. I was working harder than I needed to be but didn't realize it! But I fixed the brakes and the bike is in shape again. It just hasn't been a good few days.

Visionworks still goes on as boring as ever, but I will be working more hours now because one of the other lab technicians is transferring to another store and I get some of the unused hours until a replacement is found. I am very thankful that this guy is leaving because he is an asshole. You all have surely experienced one of these types before. He talks excessively about nothing of significance. He is devoid of good interpersonal skills and cops an attitude over the most trivial of things. I won't miss him. I am also getting a raise. How much of one I have yet to see, but any extra money is a good thing, right?

Right now I am watching Game 4 of the Phoenix Suns/Dallas Mavericks playoff series. Phoenix is losing but I hope they can turn it around. I never expected the Suns to get good again. Last time I cared about my home team was the year they met the Bulls for the NBA Finals back in the 90s. It's good to see AZ has at least one good sports team again.

Be sure to check out this Flash animation thingy before you go. I believe it to be amusing.

3 Responses:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for turning it around.

-Amo

5/16/2005 6:44 AM

 
Blogger operadiva222 said...

I also hate the Taurus. One of the crappiest cars I have ever driven. It's like a giant old-people boat. They would always get requested when I was at Hertz. Who knows why?! Piece of poop car!!!
Hope your nice car gets fixed soon. Congrats on the raise!!

5/16/2005 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Groove Salad said...

1993.

Jordan hadn't attempted baseball, Barkley wasn't fat.

That's when I dropped the Suns too.

5/17/2005 2:39 AM

 

Post a Response

<< Home