06 September 2005

Back in the swing of things.

Begin transmission.



I guess it is time to dust off the old blog and freshen it up a bit!

Well, the summer basically came and went. I was in Tallahassee the whole time except for my ten-day trip home to the A of Z. I Visionworked by day and skated by night. All of my fellow Music Peeps were off to parts unknown(as well as known) and so when I was not at work I was pretty isolated away from social happenings and the like. As a result of this the flow in my daily living was skewed a bit and I found it most difficult to put quality time into my musical betterment. That led to doubts about my future and my goals and yadda yadda yadda.

However, now that classes have begun I have experienced a mental one-eighty. I am reenergized about saxophone, music making, and most importantly, teaching. This is a good year to be a teaching assistant at FSU. I have five private students. This is better than the usual three or four that each TA has had in the past. My students are two incoming freshmen and three returning sophomores. They each get A WHOLE HOUR OF MY VALUABLE TIME to learn from me and share in the synthesis of musical expression and scholarly thought! In addition to my students I am to teach a saxophone fundamentals class to all of the new SaxoStudents(my teacher's moniker) as well as the sax portion of the Flute/Clarinet/Saxophone Methods class aimed towards music education majors. All of these responsibilities are new and exciting for me. They also are making me nervous, but it is a good type of nervousness. This is what I want to do for my career and so I better get a-steppin'!

As I mentioned above, I have continued with the skating thing. It has been such a liberating experience for me thus far. I have gotten pretty good at tuning my senses into my surroundings and to really feel the course. To move up, down and along the different banks and transitions requires full sensory effort but it is well worth it. I don't think we have to worry about me going pro or anything but I am definitely going to continue using it as another creative outlet for my artistic tendencies.

And now a note for all of you University of Miami fans: BOO-FREAKIN-YEAH!!! FSU finally beat Miami tonight after seven years of losses. Pretty good start to our season, no?

Still nothing going on in my love life. Go figure!!!

Huh? Wha? Oh, got distracted there for a sec. Anyway, as you all probably know Tallahassee and the rest of Florida escaped the wrath of Katrina. Don't really want to get into it though because the relief situation is too frustrating to talk about. Gas prices suck - thanks alot you sloppy bitch of a storm!

I think I have gone on as far as I am willing to go at this point and so I bid you all a great week and you'll hear again from me soon.



End transmission.


1 Responses:

Blogger Groove Salad said...

'lo Doo.

It's about frikkity-frakki-frookin' time!

Glad to hear about your days again. I was literally going insane there for a few weeks without glorious DooDoo text.

I just nearly splintered myself with a Jolly Rancher candy. *shakes fist*

So it's cool that you have five saxamaphones leeching off your brain. They will surely benefit. :o)

Pretty cool about the skating mojo. I still can't find my bike axle...

You should take up photography or something during those boring, isolated times. It's pretty fun to go out into nature and be completely alone, capturing whatever you want. I love that feeling.

My roommate is an idiot and I want to move into an apartment as soon as possible. More about that in my journal... as well as some Architektin.

'ye Doo.

9/07/2005 2:12 AM

 

Post a Response

<< Home