18 January 2005

Work sucks.

Yeah, you heard me. This blog is long overdue for its first "I hate work" post. A voice in my head says "Well, that's why it's called WORK". Well, I just strangled that voice and can now continue my rant. Tomorrow will be day five at my pain-in-the-ass job at Visionworks, where I am a lab technician. Yup, I make the glasses, all day long. The lab has been understaffed and overloaded with jobs over the past few days and it is stressing me out big time. The two guys in the Sonic fast-food commercials piss me off. Everyone at my work is getting on each other's nerves and you can cut the tension with a knife. It is not a good working environment. And besides all that, working with plastic lenses all day puts a lot of bad particulate matter in the air. It gets in my lungs and on my skin and is very unpleasant. I also deal with this blocking alloy stuff. It's basically liquid metal that can be cooled to become solid and it contains many metals, including LEAD. We are living in the 21st century and people are still playing around lead. I probably have cancer from dealing with it. Well, I guess it's time to go to sleep so I can do it all over again tomorrow.

3 Responses:

Blogger Groove Salad said...

I will design you a particulate-matter-lead-proof suit. Then you can show up to work in your handy-dandy suit... complete with airtank, transition lens face plate, and steel-toed boots to kick your co-workers when they get annoying. Special feature with this month's purchase: 4 inch wide plastic knife for tension cutting.

2/02/2005 7:25 PM

 
Blogger Groove Salad said...

I will design you a particulate-matter-lead-proof suit. Then you can show up to work in your handy-dandy suit... complete with airtank, transition lens face plate, and steel-toed boots to kick your co-workers when they get annoying. Special feature with this month's purchase: 4 inch wide plastic knife for tension cutting.

2/02/2005 7:27 PM

 
Blogger Groove Salad said...

Everyone at my work is getting on each other's nerves and you can cut the tension with a knofe.

Knofe?

::giggoo::

(It's in Melanese... but what word is it really?!)

2/02/2005 7:30 PM

 

Post a Response

<< Home