25 February 2005

There's no thrill like Discovery!

I am obsessed with the Discovery Channel. It's the first channel I turn to and usually the last channel I visit each day. I can't get enough of shows like Monster Garage/House/Nation, Mythbusters, It Takes A Thief, American Chopper/Hot Rod, Biker Build-Off, etc. Right now I am viewing a show called Pompeii: The Last Day. It is a half truth, half fiction account of the day in A.D. 79 that Mt. Vesuvius erupted and royally fucked up the Roman city of Pompeii. I cannot imagine how horrible it must have been as the people were burned alive by ash and choked to death on dust and cinders. What is so cool about this program is how the writers have created an account of specific people's last hours of life and wrote them in such a way as to follow their movements and actions to their final resting places within the city as evident by casts of their bodies made by the hot ash that still survive to this day.

Anyway, not much going on with me this week. It's been pretty uneventful. I do, however, have an audition today(Fri.) for a chance to play in our Opera Orchestra. FSU is presenting Werther, composed by Massenet. There is one alto sax part and I would love to have it. We saxophonists rarely get a chance these days to perform with an orchestra.

It is hard to believe that Spring Break is one week away! Well, MY Spring Break, anyway. FSU's is one week ahead of the University of Arizona, where my sister is studying Architecture and two weeks ahead of NAU, where I went to school. I've never been much of a crazy party person, so like every year I have no plans for break. Therefore I am going home to Arizona. I know I was just there in December but soon when I am graduated and my career plans are underway I may not have many chances to visit my family.

The latest Strong Bad email is pretty funny. Strong Bad, you ask? Enjoy!


2 Responses:

Blogger Groove Salad said...

I'm sure you've already gone to your audition by now... that's why I'm hopping in my handy-dandy time machine (Right, Anza? Eh? Eh?) to go back and wish you a "GOOD LUCK!" before your audition!

Also, where might Groove get a handy-dandy HomestaWWunneW thing-a-ma-jig like your Strongbadian one?!

2/25/2005 10:23 PM

 
Blogger DooDooDoo70s said...

Done and done!

2/26/2005 12:49 AM

 

Post a Response

<< Home