06 December 2007

Buh?

Where did November go? I need to come back here more often.

I am really bummed out that I am unable to go visit my family this Christmas. Flying home from Germany is just too damn expensive and I wouldn't be able to stay long enough to make it worthwhile, anyway. I hope I will have a good one here with V. I know it is not going to feel the same, though. Even though the years of Santa and presents are behind me, it always has felt good to wake up Christmas morning in the house I grew up in. This year my family won't have me or the dog there. Double-sad.

The annual Christmas caroling is another thing I am going to miss this holiday season. I have been a part of it for at least 12 years now. Triple-sad. The holidays are supposed to be a time for family and good thoughts. I hope I can embrace my new family in some meaningful way and that it will be enough to get me through this Christmas.

0 Responses:

Post a Response

<< Home