14 December 2004

Movie time.

Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you, with no further ado, my first try at HTML! Oooohh! Aaaahh! Look how nicely the following text fits next to the jpeg.


Saturday night I took myself to the theater and saw Ocean's Twelve, starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Julia Roberts. I was a bit skeptical about this one at first, as I usually am concerning movie sequels. Hey, anyone remember Batman Forever? If you do, you know why I have cause for concern. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, however. The plot had several interesting and surprising twists just like Ocean's Eleven did. Lots of big-name stars, lots of big action! This movie was good-tastic!

I rented The Whole Ten Yards, Walking Tall, The Godfather Part I, and Blade Runner recently. The Whole Ten Yards falls into that Batman Forever category mentioned earlier. Walking Tall, starring the Rock, was actually a pretty good movie as far as action flicks go. I had already seen Blade Runner, but it is a modern classic as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to watch The Godfather, but I figured it's about time for me to see it finally.

All right now, enough with all the cinema! Being done with this semester feels mighty mighty good. Now I can practice when I want to, go excercise when I want to, and occasionally go to work (when THEY want me to). Ha ha ha! Bender is all dressed up like a penguin! Hilarity ensues! Huh...wha?

Anyways, this post may seem like it was written all in one go but this part I am writing now is being written about three hours later. I called up Alan on the phone box and we did the chit-chat. My ear hurts a little now but that's ok. When you don't talk to someone for weeks at a time there ends up being a lot to talk about!

You know, I am not sure if my perspective on Christmas has changed as I have gotten older or if the holiday is celebrated differently these days, but I don't see much Christmas programming on the TV. There also seems to be an absence of holiday decorations around town. Curious. It seems to me that with only eleven days left until Christmas there should be an abundance of festive spirit but i don't see it.

I would like to conclude this post with a shout out to my homie Benavidez! Welcome to the world of blog, my nizzle! This one goes out to you...
this is an audio post - click to play

2 Responses:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Nomo-

Did the movie make sense to you? I left the movie feeling confused. That's not to say it was bad, but I think I'll have to see it again to really get it. Maybe we can check it out when you're in town.

-Amo

P.S. - I saw it at the new Ciné Capri. It was a waste of a drive. Aside from having curtains on the walls and annoying kids from "snots"-dale, it isn't much different from one of those huge theatres at AMC Deer Valley 30.

12/14/2004 5:20 AM

 
Blogger Groove Salad said...

that's RIGHT! you used MY terms!

"good-tastic"

"phone box"

it's ABOUT time.

*nodding*

12/14/2004 8:00 AM

 

Post a Response

<< Home